More and more, IT teams have become partners in digital transformation.
In addition to their responsibilities for implementing, maintaining, and driving the utilization of new technologies, they are also business partners in developing technology strategy.
With tight budgets across the sector and a focus on value, many IT leaders are seeking solutions that can tackle a number of issues:
- close patient communication gaps
- reduce administrative tasks for staff
- ensure data security
- seamlessly integrate with existing tech stacks
At the same time, there’s been a proliferation of patient communication solutions.
Combining Point Solutions
While the EHR serves as the core technology for this purpose, many health systems are looking for complementary offerings to fill the gaps. But using too many point solutions can create complexity and redundancy in the tech stack, making it difficult to maintain and scale.
To address this, IT teams need a single offering that can provide personalized outreach to all patient populations, integrate with the EHR and meet strict security guidelines for protecting patient data.
The Challenge with Building In-House Patient Engagement Solutions
We’ve seen IT teams building solutions in-house because of the perception that they’ll have greater control and that it will be more cost-effective in the long run.
While building instead of buying an outreach solution can, at first, seem like an attractive option, in reality this can be a time-consuming and costly process that may not deliver the same level of expertise, customization and integration as a vendor solution.
Choosing A Single Comprehensive Solution
As current and past Best in KLAS winners in Patient Communication and Digital Rounding, CipherHealth delivers the clinical, operational, and financial outcomes health systems need to achieve long-term success.
By buying one comprehensive solution like CipherHealth, IT leaders can:
- Achieve greater interoperability: In order to get a complete picture of patient data and allow for more efficient workflows, interoperability is critical. Clinicians can make more informed decisions and coordinate care more effectively across different care settings when they have a comprehensive patient data view from one interface.
- Improve staff efficiency: CipherHealth offers automation capabilities that can reduce the administrative burden on staff, freeing up their time to focus on other important tasks.
- Drive personalized patient experiences: As we’ve seen, personalization is king, and patients expect the same intuitive, efficient experiences they find across other industries. CipherHealth’s solution improves patient engagement and satisfaction, leading to better health outcomes and increased revenue for health systems.
- Scale to address multiple needs: Health systems have diverse and evolving needs when it comes to patient outreach, and a single vendor solution can customize to their specific requirements.
- Contain costs and generate revenue: Building a patient engagement solution in place of buying a purpose-built offering risks increased development costs and slower time to deployment. A patient outreach solution from an experienced vendor not only contains those costs, but generates revenue by improving patient engagement and satisfaction, leading to increased patient retention.
- Strengthen data security and stability: Any patient outreach solution needs to ensure that patient data is protected at all times. CipherOutreach can provide the necessary security protocols to protect patient data and ensure compliance with regulations. We safeguard patient data with the highest security standards in the industry — HITRUST CSF Certified, HIPAA Compliance and Security Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2.
At the end of the day, purchasing the right Outreach solution can improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery, which is essential for healthcare organizations to remain competitive in an increasingly complex industry.
Discover why CipherHealth is trusted by more than 500 hospitals to meaningfully connect with their patients to deliver more personal, intelligent and timely care at scale. Contact us today to learn how your organization can benefit from our solutions.