It’s Patient Experience Week, and we at CipherHealth want to celebrate the accomplishments of the thousands of healthcare providers who have a positive impact on patients’ lives on a daily basis. Organized by the Beryl Institute, and inspired by members of the Institute’s community, PX Week provides focused time for organizations to honor the accomplishments of their hardworking and committed staff.
In no uncertain terms, patient experience is an essential part of quality healthcare. PX teams play a critical role in promoting patient satisfaction and safety, as well as improving patient engagement. When patients are engaged in their own care, they are more likely to follow treatment plans, adhere to medication regimens, and make other lifestyle changes that will contribute to better health outcomes.
In an effort to acknowledge PX teams, it’s important to recognize how all-encompassing their contributions are. They play a critical role within each and every health system, working to:
- Improve patient satisfaction: PX staff identify areas of improvement in the patient experience, implement changes and measure the impact of those changes, all of which can lead to higher patient satisfaction.
- Promote patient-centered care: PX staff are advocates for patient-centered care, which means that they prioritize the needs and preferences of the patient in all aspects of care delivery.
- Enhance communication and collaboration: PX staff work closely with healthcare providers to ensure that patients receive high-quality care that is personalized and responsive to their needs.
- Support a culture of empathy: PX staff model empathy and compassion in their interactions with patients and help to foster a culture of caring and respect within healthcare organizations.
- Act as innovators in healthcare: PX staff are constantly seeking new ways to improve the patient experience, leveraging technology and other innovative solutions to enhance the delivery of care.
Two of our Clinical Advisory Board members weighed in and offered support and encouragement to their PX teams:
“This week, we celebrate the compassion and human connection of our industry and the caregivers that give of themselves every day in their work. We support each other to be our best selves and fulfill our purpose in caring for others. The impact we make in our roles is significant and this week is an opportunity to acknowledge the empathy, comfort, knowledge and exceptional clinical interventions we provide to our patients and families each and every day. Thank you to every team member for making a difference!” —Kellie Paulsen, MSN, RN, NE-BC, Division Director, Patient Experience, HCA Healthcare – Central/West Texas Division
“Today and every day, Henry Ford Health celebrates your compassion, commitment and sacrifices. Thank you for all you do to make our community healthier and help our patients on their healthcare journeys. We are better and stronger together, and we are forever grateful for your dedication to service and wellbeing.” —Vanessa Mona, Vice President, Consumer Insights and Experience, Henry Ford Health
At the end of the day, patients deserve respectful and responsible care, tailored to their individual preferences, needs and values — and it’s the PX teams that are helping to make this a reality.