Improving Quality and Safety Initiatives Using CipherRounds
We saw a decrease in preventable harm across metrics… CipherRounds was instrumental in achieving Healthgrades 2021 America’s 50 Best US Hospitals award for consistent, superior clinical performance.
ChristianaCare is a nonprofit health system headquartered in Wilmington, DE, with outpatient services, home health, urgent care centers, three hospitals and more. They have seen remarkable results with their quality and safety rounding programs including their Zero Harm Council, having coined what they call the “Perfect Care Bundle” — a strategic, data-driven rounding program using CipherRounds that decreased HAI, HAPI, and Falls.
Why ChristianaCare Chose CipherHealth:
- Ability to develop and customize rounding programs across quality and safety measures
- Consistent data-driven approach to rounding, data transparency and real-time reporting to surface insights to track trends and opportunities
- Expertise in driving patient experience and improving clinical outcomes
The Perfect Care Bundle
Decreasing HAI, HAPI, and Falls with CipherRounds
- ChristianaCare saw a 41 percent decrease in HAI, 12 percent decrease in HAPI and 20 percent decrease in Falls
- Over 80 “zero harm awards” were given across ChristianaCare’s three campuses for units with zero cases of preventable harm
for at least twelve consecutive months
- ChristanaCare was named Top 50 Healthgrades Best Hospitals 2021 and 2022
– Cipher User Conference, 2021