Engaged employees have an impact not only on their own performance, but also on the patient experience and bottom line. API Healthcare outlines the relationships and outcomes of the effects of higher employee engagement levels.
Effects on Employees:
- Improved productivity and satisfaction
- Improved relationships with management
- Reduced job stress
- Increased retention
Effects on Patients:
- Improved quality of care
- Increased patient satisfaction
- Increased patient loyalty
Effects on Financial Performance:
- Higher retention means less money spent on recruiting and training
- Lower costs associated with the delivery of patient care (e.g., reduced length of stay)
To read the full article, click here.