Integrations can increase productivity, save time, and enhance a user’s interaction with new technologies. CipherHealth has robust integration capabilities that your team can leverage to further engrain your patient engagement solutions into current workflows.
In this post, we will discuss some examples of our integration offerings and ways in which your team can get value from them.
Healthcare organizations will implement several different technologies to meet the growing needs of its medical and non-medical departments. Integrations between your current systems, like your EMR, and patient engagement solutions like CipherRounds or CipherOutreach, can enhance workflows and improve the quality of patient/provider interactions.
The Value of CipherHealth Integrations
Throughout the last decade, CipherHealth has integrated with Electronic Health Records, Scheduling Systems, HRIS Systems, Ticketing Systems, and more. Here are a few examples of ways that an integration can augment workflows and create more meaningful patient interactions:
- Appointment Scheduling: For appointment reminder programs, CipherHealth takes information from the EMR or scheduling system to send reminders via calls and texts prior to the appointment date. CipherHealth can then send appointment reschedules or cancellations directly back to the EMR. This means that scheduling resources don’t have to leave the EMR to see changes in appointments and can lead to increased productivity and reduce the impact of no-shows.
- Ticketing Systems: With a ticketing system integration, typically used for rounding programs, CipherHealth can generate a ticket for ancillary teams, such as EVS or Facilities, in their existing ticketing system. This means the team won’t have to change its existing workflow or tools once a digital rounding tool and alerting structure is implemented. This can lead to increased staff and patient satisfaction as it becomes faster and easier to resolve identified issues.
- Outreach Attempts: For any CipherOutreach program, CipherHealth can send outreach attempt and interaction details back to the EMR. This means that anyone accessing a patient record in the EMR will be able to easily view these interactions.
Common Integrations with CipherHealth
A few specific types of integrations you may encounter are:
- HL7: Updates to patient’s admission status or demographic information are sent to CipherHealth in real-time, which enables the patient census in CipherRounds to update in real time, as soon as a patient enters or leaves a unit.
- SFTP: Most often utilized with CipherOutreach to provide a list of patients to attempt via Outreach. Updates are batched and provided once or twice a day via a .txt or .csv file.
- Single Sign On: Uses a Hospital’s Active Directory to authenticate users when they log in.
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Integration: Allows critical HR information such as Employee ID, Shift Department, On Duty status to flow into CipherHealth.
- Ticketing Integration: Generates tickets from issues identified in CipherHealth in an existing ticketing system.
The world of integrations is a complex one. If you have questions or would like to learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Customer Success Manager.