As a busy professional, your time is extremely valuable and you need the right information to make the right decisions at the right time. When it comes to looking at data, it can be expensive and time-consuming to track down and review information, let alone to gather insight that can drive improvements. In my own experience, when I first wanted to review budget reports, I had to be taught about how to read the reports to answer my key questions.
For hospitals and health systems utilizing CipherRounds, reports are of key value. To provide additional insight into how our reports can be leveraged, Shaan Penmetsa, CipherHealth’s Head of Analytics, led an educational webinar. A self-described data scientist and nerd, Shaan provides great insight and resources into which report to use to find answers to specific questions.
- If you want to know what the patients are saying today or said yesterday, use the daily report. These also help you know if the loop has been closed. These reports help providers and leaders take immediate action, close the loop on patient issues, and recognize staff members.
- If you want to know if people are rounding and that issues are resolved in a timely way, then the weekly activity report is for you. With weekly reports, you can drive accountability across the organization both in rounding and service recovery. You can assess the quality of rounds based on the number of opportunity areas identified while seeing how long it takes for issues to get resolved.
- If you need to report to the Quality Committee or your Vice-President, then use the monthly report that helps identify trends for further drill down. The monthly reports allow you to draw insight from the gathered data and, more importantly, help focus on areas that can drive operational improvements.
In addition to showcasing the reports, Shaan highlighted three case studies that demonstrate how CipherRounds reports can be leveraged to achieve results.
- During their daily huddle, Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley (HAHV) uses CipherRounds daily reports to ensure patient needs are met, close the loop on issues, and improve staff morale through enhanced recognition. By printing out and posting both the daily reports and Care Grams, HAHV is helping to align rounding goals with organizational goals.
On a weekly basis, Lutheran Medical Center uses CipherRounds reports to ensure managers are meeting rounding targets. Should a unit be short of a target, leadership can quickly identify the root cause of problem and course-correct.
Every month, United Regional uses five of the monthly CipherRounds reports to share at their leadership committee meeting for review and action. With the reports, United Regional is able to drill-down to identify opportunity areas that help them achieve organizational goals.
As a company dedicated to improving patient outcomes and experiences, we know how important data and accurate reporting can be. Sessions like these help organizations learn from others, while individual meetings with your account manager can provide additional help and insight. The analytics team is here to help analyze your data to assess outcomes such as:
- CAHPs improvements
- Falls reduction
- Infection reduction
- Staff engagement
- Incidence of pressure ulcers
As you look at your own rounding programs, think of the following questions:
What’s the question you are trying to answer?
What is the right report to answer the question?
How frequently do I need the report?
Resources available include the CipherRounds Reporting Guide. Additionally, your CipherHealth advisor can walk you through the available CipherRounds Reports.
Visit our website to learn more on CipherRounds digital rounding.