CipherHealth is excited to sponsor the upcoming Beryl Institute headliner webinar, “Creating a Culture of Caring,” presented by Dr. Rana Awdish, MD, FCCP, Medical Director of Care Experience at Henry Ford Health System. During the webinar, Dr. Awdish will discuss her personal transformation from critical care physician to critically ill patient and describe how the events surrounding her near death changed her understanding of the culture of medicine and lead her to alter the course of her institution.
With the shift from volume to value-based care, healthcare organizations are motivated to increase the quality and experience of care delivery. To achieve these goals with every patient interaction, staff at all levels must be invested in their day-to-day work. Dr. Awdish will share how a culture of caring illuminates the path towards fostering greater resiliency for all stakeholders involved in how healthcare is delivered, experienced, and perceived.
The Beryl Institute Webinar Learning Objectives:
- Describe the ecosystem of medical training and practice and the way it compromises empathy and compassion.
- Illustrate how onboarding can be used to define purpose for new employees and create a culture of caring.
- Recognize the barriers to implementing institutional change and empowering individuals.
- Identify practices that will engage providers and leaders in promoting development of resilient systems.
If you are interested in this topic, we invite you to register for the webinar through the Beryl Institute. You can also access the resources below for more information on how hospitals and health systems are driving excellence in care delivery through organizational culture.
- Whitepaper: Patient Engagement Strategies to Achieve the Quadruple Aim
- Article: How Henry Ford Health System Uses Patient Rounding Tools to Enhance the Patient Experience
- Whitepaper: Executive Rounding as a Management Strategy: Drive Patient Satisfaction and Staff Engagement by Creating a Culture of Rounding